Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Healthy Coffee?


Interesting to say the least!



On Friday a gentleman came into The Mushroom Cap looking like one of those Verizon sales people (why does Verizon need these door to door sales people out and about anyway?). Can I help you? You are not from Verizon are you? No. Good thing - been there, done that.
What are you selling? A coffee with reishi mushroom extract. Really? I am definitely interested. I've been reading about how healthy reishi mushroom is.
The rest is history - Saturday and Sunday we gave customers an 8 oz. cup of coffee on the house. I think most were pleasantly surprised. The best is that they were just introduced to a healthy coffee. When the first customer arrived I mentioned "reishi" mushroom. She knew about this mushroom because when she was diagnosed with Lyme Disease she took a form of reishi. Wow - I wasn't sure anyone would be familiar but.....................
Someone else arrived a little later because her friend saw my post on FB that I was serving this coffee. She has been using Reishi for a long time.
This coffee is caffeinated but the presence of reishi (Ganoderma) neutralizes the negative caffein effects so you get the "boost" without the negative effects of caffein. The comment from most who had a cup was that it was very smooth. They liked it.
Don't drink coffee? There is a green tea with reishi. This will be my drink of choice over the winter!
Seems appropriate to have this coffee at The Mushroom Cap, dont' you think?

No comments: